Tuesday, November 02, 2004

AT LEAST PAT ROBERTSON DIDN'T KILL ANDRES SERRANO

There is no time more than now that proves John Lennon was right when he wrote "Imagine."

We are living in a time when nutbags threaten to rule the planet. And I mean bigger nutbags than the ones we're voting against today.

We've already forgotten Andres Serrano, whose piece of "art" was the poster child for the anti-NEA movement. Then there's the Salman Rushdie fatwah, and Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam.

We have forgotten the Crusades (well, maybe not). We have forgotten the Huguenots and the Pilgrims.

Heck, my knowledge about world religions isn't that great. I'm sure that the followers of Anubis probably killed each other over how big a snout was to be shown when depicting that god.

Today I read that a Dutch filmmaker -- it's only tangentially important that it's a descendant of Vincent van Gogh -- was murdered because of his film about being a woman under Islam.

How wrong is that?

Imagine

Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
It isn't hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer,
but I'm not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.


Copyright © Bag Productions Inc.

The vote is underway...

No comments: