Friday, August 26, 2005

DOES KURT VONNEGUT, JR. KNOW ABOUT THIS?



DOES KURT VONNEGUT, JR. KNOW ABOUT THIS?

So the London Zoo has humans -- in fig leaves -- on display this week. They even get games and music to occupy them.

The marketing guy in me loves this. This is weird and quirky and will get people to the zoo in droves to see exactly what's going on. (Although the Y chromosome in me notes that the only names I see connected to this are male, and consequently, I'm not as interested as I could be.)

The marketing guy in me also realizes this is why there's no web-cam for this little stunt. Why go to the zoo if you can sit home in your underwear and watch?

I love stunts like this. A couple of years ago in Japan two athletes were tethered to the side of a building and played soccer there.

But it makes me think. Wouldn't it be cool if we could put some other folks on display this way? I'd love to have a webcam in the Oval Office, for instance. Or maybe be able to look at the kitchen in restaurants -- particularly those restaurants where they purposely keep the lights so dim you can't be sure precisely what you're eating.

AOL story (source of photo, above).


No comments: