Saturday, February 18, 2006

I SUSPECT I'M NOW ON SOME ENEMIES LIST SOMEWHERE...

I SUSPECT I'M NOW ON SOME ENEMIES LIST SOMEWHERE...

In the Big Surprise Department, I have not been a fan of the current Administration (although, in fairness, of the ones in my lifetime, I believe I've only favored one-quarter of Clinton's and maybe two-thirds of Carter's). I find the vice-president's shooting incident to be troubling, primarily because of the effort to cover up details for more than a day.

But over at Pop Culture Gadabout, Bill Sherman posted a link to a page that apparently was posted on CNN.com recently, with the Orwellian (or perhaps it's Carrollesque?) headline, "Shooting Victim Apologize to Vice-President."

Provocative, eh? It's from a liberal blog, so you want to check the source. By bizarre coincidence, my AOL connection flamed out the second I started to type the headline into the AOL search box. When I got back online, I could find no trace on the web for this headline, so either the author is being clever and showing a fake headline from CNN, or Homeland Security has been cleaning up traces of the original.

So maybe it's me. Maybe I'm stupid. I don't know. Go, search, let me know what you find.

1 comment:

Bill said...

CNN.com monkeys with its stories all the time, so I'm suspecting that someone decided to change it once they realized how much fun bloggers were having with it. On the other hand, the Houston Chronicle kept its headline - "Injured Lawyer Apologizes to Cheney, Family" - up on its site.