Wednesday, January 04, 2006

YOUR VOTE COUNTS, BUT NOBODY OFFICIAL WILL PAY ANY ATTENTION

YOUR VOTE COUNTS, BUT NOBODY OFFICIAL WILL PAY ANY ATTENTION

Our friend Tom Peyer over at Superfrankenstein has been hectoring me (and everybody else on the web) to vote in the "Anal Spinchter" of the Year contest (go here to vote). It's something a friend of his has been running since 1974.

I myself found the choices overwhelming, and had to squeeze my value system really hard to come down to my final choices.

They are:

Osama bin Laden.
Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi.
Kim Jong Il.
Dick Cheney.
Jerry Falwell.
Bill O’Reilly.
Ann Coulter.
Ahmed Chalabi.
Robert Blake.
Michael Jackson.

The last two names I removed from my list were Tom Cruise (merely misguided, I'm afraid) and Representative Jean Schmidt, whose rookie effort is noteworthy, but not comparable to the long-term damage done by the ten heavyweights above.

If you want to vote -- whether to enjoy the excercise (sudoku for the news nut!), to reinforce my vote, or to cancel it out (I'm sure somebody will vote for Michael Moore) -- the link is above. Check it out.

No comments: