Wednesday, December 14, 2005

ANOTHER REASON TO HATE A-ROD

ANOTHER REASON TO HATE A-ROD

So Alex Rodriguez will play in the very cool upcoming World Baseball Classic event this March. That's awesome.

But, even though he was born in New York and grew up in Miami, he's going to play for the Dominican Republic.

Maybe I don't know a lot about his upbringing, but I hadn't heard that he'd spent a large amount of time growing up in the Dominican (though apparently, his parents are). We aren't talking Sammy Sosa and the old milk-container-as-a-glove story. I had heard that Rodriguez and Doug Mientkiewicz were teammates in high school, and that Mientkiewicz and his teammates apparently spent all their free time at Rodriguez's house. I don't think it was in the Dominican.

I think I sense Rodriguez's desperation to win something. Anything. Poor rich little A-Rod has all that money, but looks like he won't ever win a championship.

I wonder if that explains why Mike Piazza is going to play for Italy? Isn't Piazza from outside Philadelphia?

While I'm at it, here's a shout out to our own government, which has chosen to prohibit Cuba from participating. I originally wanted to blame Castro, but that's my early 1960s upbringing; no, it's the US Treasury Department's fault. Man that Bush Administration... always up to something good!

No comments: