Thursday, April 11, 2002

GEORGE REEVES, CHRISTOPHER REEVE, JORDAN BAYNE

I hear today that an actress is about to be cast for the role of Wonder Woman in the upcoming film, and it's an actress named Jordan Bayne. Yes, I've never heard of her.

The producers want to cast someone without a lot of experience because then the audience will focus on the character and not the actress.

And yet... somehow Batman managed to succeed with Michael Keaton. In fact, most feared Michael Keaton in the role, because we thought of him as a comedy actor primarily, and we were pleasantly surprised. We also knew Val Kilmer and George Clooney, the followup Batmans (Batmen?). Of course, those movies sucked the mop (copyright 1972-2002 by Jay L. Zilber).

So, producers, please hear my plea, which is rooted happily in my Y chromosomes: Catherine Zeta-Jones. Please. She looks like Diana Prince, at least the way I remember her.

No comments: